Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A/c in new home

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 10:53:54 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/3/2016 9:52 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Gfre is right about that. If hot air in the wall was causing erratic
performance, the AC would be running too much and the house would be
too cold. That wasn't the complaint. But I agree, we don't have
enough info. One of the first things I asked was if the system was
running all the time when it's unable to lower the temp anymore. If
it's not, then I agree the thermostat, or maybe a register directing
cold air at the Tstat, could be involved.

There was also no mention of night temperature. If it dropped
considerably at night the unit should be able to get the indoor
temperature down as there is no sun load and a lower temperature.

Good point.
And as usual, from Home Moaners Hub (think it was Stormin that came up
with that), it's a one hit wonder. Question asked and then you never
hear from them again. Probably BS trolling to generate traffic.