Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default New RCD 100 Amp 100mA after my isolator switch?

In article ,
DICEGEORGE wrote:
I'm thinking of installing a Wylex 2 pole RCD 100 Amp 100mA
in a box like on the TLC page linked below.

Just after the main incoming electricity company fuses,
meter and isolator switch,
but before all the henley blocks, consumer units,
solar panel connections, old fuse boxes etc

The supply is TT, I have 2 earth spikes outside the door.

Any advice for or against?

when I put a new CU in this house shortly after we moved in 40 years ago,
the advice was use one RCD for the whole supply. It has serious
disdvantages* and nowadays separate RCDs or MCBOs are recommended for each
circuit.
*Major disadvantage is that if something trips the RCD everything in the
house goes out - including lights.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England