RubbishRat

Default Bright Vertical Line on TV

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Jerry G." writes:

This is loss of vertical scan. Keep the set switched off until serviced.
This bright line can burn in to the CRT phosphors.

Most likely a connector came loose, there may be a cold solder

connection,
and or some components have failed. The set should be properly checked.

Duh, loss of horizontal scan. Too much newsgroup posting?

As noted, probably a bad connection as there isn't much that can go
wrong resulting in a vertical line like this: | since high voltage is
generated by the horizontal deflection circuits. It's just not getting
to the horizotnal yoke coils.

If you really mean horizontal line like this: --- , ignore what I've
just said.

He definitely said a vertical line, but I suppose a horizontal line is the
more likely.
Pete