Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Your Opinion of Good and Bad Deck Coatings (Stain. Paint, etc)

On 9/3/2016 11:08 AM, Di Hydrogen Monoxide wrote:
On 09/03/2016 03:28 AM, wrote:
Some of you have coated a deck with some sort of coating. Whether it's a
stain, paint, or something else. What brands have you found to be good
quality, or maybe you have been dissapointed with some brands.

What brands and types of coatings have you used, and what was your
opinion of them. If you used them on siding or trim, that also matters.

Thanks to the environmental wackos, I'm not sure you can legally buy a
decent deck coating.
About 10 years ago I rebuilt my decks using HomeDepot's Veranda decking
and vinyl rails and they still look new.
Just give 'em a quick squirt with the pressure washer every 5 years or so.

That's right and anything that you loved 10 years ago reformulated to
abide by VOC rules may now be crap now.