twilson

Default How to Adjust the Tape Path Alignment on Newer VCRs

ric wrote in :

twilson wrote:

Will this procedure help correct the tracking problems I'm having
with VHS tapes of family videos created in the early 80's? I have
tried playing the video tape on a couple of 4 head hi-fi vcr's and
the tracking at the bottom of the screen is horrible. I want to play
the video on a vcr, and then send the output to my PC for capture and
subsequent writing to DVD.

Just a guess, but were these videos recorded at the EP (SLP) speed?

Exactly. LP, and SLP on a RCA Selectavision.