Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Tape for use in a freezer

Having defrosted the freezer I have found that a number of the plastic
trays have developed cracks in them. Of course it is not my wife's fault
even though she is the one who uses it most frequently.

The best solution appears to be to tape them up to hold them together
once I've drilled some small holes to stop the cracks spreading but what
sort of tape to use? Duct tape/gaffer tape I doubt will have the
necessary resistance to damp and cold so I was thinking of something like
the aluminium tape used on gutters etc.

Anyone done anything similar and can offer a view please?