Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chasing a plaster wall

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
On 02/09/2016 12:01, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

Will a Fein or other oscillating tool chase a plaster wall for a cable
without creating the levels of dust that an angle grinder would?

Not really. It will take a million years

Sure you don't want to be doing many floor to ceiling chases, but I
found it very useful to e.g drop from ceiling to top of door opening for
cables to alarm contacts in uPVC frame.

It was installing alarm system cables that I have in mind. Did you use
any small diameter trunking when you installed yours?

Personally for alarm cables I'd make as small a chase as practical then
make good directly over them. No safety issues there. And how often would
you need to replace them - the only real reason to use trunking.

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.