View Single Post
  #18   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Your Tree Falls on a Neighbor's Shed

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 2:38:14 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

When my (luckily now an adult) son was a toddler, he was in one of these swings:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41i0xuq7wnL.jpg

If you have ever tried to get a kid out of one of these, you know how difficult it can
sometimes be. We were in a neighbor's yard and his kid was up in the fort section
of the swing set.

From the kitchen window we heard his wife call out "Lunch is ready!. I wrestled my kid
out of the swing and he retrieved his kid from the fort. We had barely made it into his
house when a huge limb from a tree next door came down on the swing set, crushing it.
It came down directly in line with the main beam, destroying the swing set and fort from
end to end.

All we heard was a loud crack and barely had time to turn around before the limb
was on the ground with the mangled swing set under it. There is absolutely no
way either of us would have had time to get our kids out in time to save them once
the "crack" was heard.

We said a lot of thank you prayers that day.

Cousin It-Still-Makes-Me-Shiver Monster

It's strange how things like that happen. If you're a religious person, you may believe a higher power like a guardian angel intervened. I've had odd feelings that caused me to make a different choice as to what move I would make as I travel through this world and it saved me. I think there is some kind of extra sensory perception because it's hit me and my brother a lot of times. We call each other and say something like,"Have you spoken to Sue today because I have an odd feeling. You too huh?" It turns out Sue was in an auto accident and hurt really bad the same time the hairs on the back of our necks stood up. Before CID on phones, I'd often pick up the phone,"Hello Jane. How did you know it was me? I was just thinking about you." Spooky.. I'm glad your son survived into adulthood. I'm sure he grew up to be a fine young man with a wonderful dad like you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spooky Monster