Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT New watch?

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 1:35:45 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:sJOdnTeItuMCKlXKnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 9/1/2016 1:05 PM, KenK wrote:
KenK wrote in news:XnsA6756E4F84C11invalidcom@
130.133.4.11:

KenK wrote in
:

My old Casio watch, on its second battery, was a half hour slow when

woke up this morning. New battery or new watch? In the past, when
battery failed the watches stopped.

TIA

Oddly, since then the Casio has kept perfect time. I'm wearing it
again.
Wonder why it lost a half hour? Never had that happen to a battery
watch.

Lost another a half hour last night. Wonder why 30 minutes both times?
Odd coincidence.

Guess new watch time. Have to look when I go to Walmart for groceries
Saturday afternoon.

The clocks stop while the government is watching you and scanning your
house and contents. Usually only happens once a quarter unless they
have reason to watch you more closely.

Aha! I thought it might be something like that!

Evidently their scanner doesn't affect my other watch, a Timex. I'll have
to replace my Casio with another Timex.

On another note, my Timex is much older than the Casio and is still on
the original battery! Unfortunately, the day and date setting don't work
anymore. Keeps good time though.

How do you know it's keeping good time? It could be a day or more off.