Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default US wants to force lower speeds on truck and bus drivers

Per rbowman:

The other shoe to drop is electronic log books.

I recently started subscribing to AutoMile. They send you this little
black thing about an inch long that plugs into the car's diagnostic
port.

Every two minutes it phones home and reports the vehicles position.

$15 per month for one vehicle.... less per vehicle as more vehicles are
added.

To make a long story short: there are no secrets anymore from anybody
who is authorized to log into the fleet's AutoMile web page: speeds,
routes, vehicle stats.... and more...

When I was shopping, I came across several such services.... so that
could be the "Electronic Logbook": pretty much immune to tampering since
it exists on a server somewhere instead of in the vehicle.
--
Pete Cresswell