Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 00:07:42 +0100, Bert Coules wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:

Never mind safety, a TV won't last so long
if it's damp all the time. Put it somewhere dry...

I don't believe that anything in my kitchen is damp all the time, and a
substantial number of items in the room never get damp at all. I don't see
that a TV would be exceptional in that regard,

Well not all the time, but very damp for some of the time. 100% humidity. If you read the instructions on most electronic appliances, they say not to go over about 90%. Condensation on the circuit boards they don't like much.

--
Bumper sticker seen on a B-2 Stealth Bomber:
"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THEN WE WASTED 50 BILLION BUCKS."