Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 02/09/2016 16:36, Bert Coules wrote:
Owain wrote:

Doesn't provide channel changing though.

That does seem to be a stumbling point. If I put a DAB tuner with its
own amp in a central location, and then find a way to feed the output
of the amp to four or five different rooms (if such a way exists) then
I would need control over the tuner (up/down through preset channels)
and the amp (volume only) from each room. I don't know if that can be
done.

Would you be happy to use a smart phone or tablet to do the controlling?

For an out of the box solution you could look at the Sonos speakers.
They do a very good job of keeping in sync while streaming to multiple
speakers over a mixture of ethernet and wifi.

Would you guarantee sync over this? Ie two speakers with the same signal
not giving an annoying echo if heard at the same time? That's the beauty
of analogue - very difficult to introduce such a delay. Even two FreeView
TVs - or two DAB radios, all tuned to the same station will produce this
annoying echo.

--
*I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.