George R. Gonzalez

Default tek 465b scope problem

"Aaron Kentucky" wrote in message
Yes. I also managed to find the manual and am running through the
troubleshooting flowchart now. When I flip it around to slide the
cover off I hear a nice 'jingle jingle.' I'm sure that is not good.

Thanks,
aaron

Yuck, a jingle-jingle often means that a little bit of glass has broken off
one of the internal CRT supports. Those glass support rods are under a bit
of strain, and it doesnt take much to crack a piece off of them. I've seen
this happen a time or two.

What happens then is if you tilt the scope the bits of glass eventually put
a hole or dent in this fragile little metal screen that acts like a
magnifying lens-- then the scope trace goes all fireworksy and the CRT is
useless. Really, really cool to play with, better than a lava lamp, but
mostly useless as a scope.