Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Water is too soft

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:29:20 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

Steve Mavroudis posted for all of us...

If I leave the bypass valve to my softener in a slightly in a slightly open
position will this allow me to moderate the softness of the water? I have a
Fleck 5600 SXT 32000 metered cabinet unit which was recently installed.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ft-901893-.htm

How can soft water be too soft? Please explain... There used to be a guy
named Gary Slusser who was the softener guru.

My face cloth would get slimy from bar soap pretty quickly on my ship
when I was in the Navy. We used triple effect evaporators to make
fresh water. Had to rinse the cloth in salt water to get the slime
out.