Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default A/c in new home

On 9/1/16 12:44 PM, Harvey wrote:
I moved into a new home in Arizona in Nov 2015. The a/c worked fine
until the
outside temperature got over 100 degrees. When it does, my thermostat will
stop at 78 degrees and can't be changed for up to 6 hrs. This summer we had
days of 112+. On those days thermostat would stay at 80 degrees. We like
the
temp at 76-77 degrees, but can't do that when it is hot! Isn't that the
point
of an a/c especially in Arizona?
Our a/c company has worked on the system for 3 months and still same
problem,
but weather is getting cooler and soon it will be hard to tell if it is
fixed
or not. Our house is 3360 sq ft and has 2 a/c units. The unit on the
1760 sq
ft side is a 3-1/2 ton a/c with 2 thermostats. That side of the house (East
side) stays as cool as we want it, even on very hot days. The 1600 sq ft
side
of the house has a 2-1/2 ton a/c and it is the one with the problem. The
a/c
company has replaced the condenser outside and the unit in the attic, but
yesterday it was 106 and still the same problem. I have asked if that unit
should be a 3 ton and they say no. What is the problem?

I bet you could fry bacon and eggs on the outer body of that unit in the
attic...

--
With all this €śgun control€ť talk, I havent heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists€” just from law