Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Impact-resistant lightbulb for drop light/work lamp??

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:12:27 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,
I must have gone through 6 lightbulbs in the 4days week. Every time my drop light/work lamp accidentally falls on the floor, the bulb doesn't shatter but definitely burns out. Is there a certain type of impact-resistant lightbulb I should be buying for this? I don't see anything like that when I walk through the lighting aisle of the big box stores.
Thanks for any recommendations.
Regards,
Theodore

LED bulbs are pretty shock resistant but other's have already mentioned "Rough Service" incandescent bulbs that are designed for high vibration and shock environments. You might look for a bulb that's labeled as being for a garage door opener. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Rough Monster