Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default I wuz Wrong - was they should have etc etc

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:18:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:53:42 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

I agree they are trained to enforce the laws. What I don't agree with is they are (or should be) held to a higher
standard. They are human beings doing a job that at times puts their life at risk. That must be considered during any
investigation.

LEO _IS_ held to a higher standard. Under "color of law". If they
break there, it violates their Oath.

Because I'm not a lawyer or a cop I had never heard of the existence of the "color of law." It refers to the
depravation of rights under color of law. The dead guy's had his right to life revoked, but what we don't know is how
or what he was doing to cause the cop to do what he did.

A hypothetical example I read sited arresting someone because their opinion was not the same as yours. That is
obviously wrong to do. However, if the cop in this instance felt his life was in danger he has every right to use
force to end that threat, right?

Work inside the law and sort it out.