Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Seagulls

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:03:24 +0100, wrote:

Over the last year or so a large flock of Seagulls has invaded our
neighbourhood. We are on a small hill, so they tend to land on some of
the highest buildings’ roofs (ours included), and make a hell of a
noise, before they fly around for a few minutes, making even more
noise, land, and start again.

This goes on for a couple of hours early in the morning and before dusk.

In addition to the noise I was also forced to wash my car 3 times in the
last 2 weeks (my average is around once a year…). All the small birds
that we used to enjoy watching in our garden have also disappeared.

Any suggestion for a humane way to send them somewhere else before I
apply for an air gun license?

Assuming anyone around you shares your views then what about one of
the electronic noise scarers? I'm not sure a shark sound will helpg
but maybe that of a hawk of some sort would?

You could test the principal with this (or other) recording and an
amplified speaker of some sort if your phone isn't loud enough.

Then you just need to repeat it at a suitable interval at the lowest
volume that works till they don't come back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8okPzxAjl0c

Cheers, T i m

My experience of using plastic eagles, was that they didn't work. I keep
the birds off the new aerial with a combination of prickle strips and
cable ties with the ends pointing upwards. Ultra sound generators didn't
work for me. Farmers use gunshot sounds for bird scarers I believe, the
neighbours probably wouldn't like that. Where are they roosting/landing?