Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

In article ,
charles wrote:
Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including when I
have ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years but we've never
had a trade deal with them. So explain why we need a trade deal with
anyone ? We were trading 1000s of years before the EU existed.

we don't NEED a trade deal unless we don't want import duties imposed on
goods we are trying to sell. You might have noticed than a great many
US products cost the same, or sometimes less, in dollars as they do in
pounds. That's because the UK imposes import duty. Buy something
direcxt from the USA and you will find that out on a personal basis.

Don't think our Dave quite understands the nature of trade these days.

Apple may be thought of as being a US company - but most if not all of
their products ain't made there. It would be odd if all of them were sent
to the US before being exported to their final destination. And given
their stupidly high prices, import duties could easily be hidden in the
retail cost anyway.

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.