Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On 31/08/16 12:37, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 20:24:34 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble - like between
the US and EU. Canada and the east.

It was a pretty **** deal from what I;'ve heard from other sources,
such as insiting we buy drugs from the USA even if we didn't need
them. Thre were plenty of oppersition to TTIP

Of course. Each country wants the very best deal it can get. For
itself.

So no trade will ever be done then.

Even you should have noticed that there is no trade deal between the EU
and the USA and yet lots of trade between them.

Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including when I have
ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years but we've never had a
trade deal with them. So explain why we need a trade deal with anyone ?
We were trading 1000s of years before the EU existed.

we don't NEED a trade deal unless we don't want import duties imposed on
goods we are trying to sell. You might have noticed than a great many US
products cost the same, or sometimes less, in dollars as they do in pounds.
That's because the UK imposes import duty. Buy something direcxt from the
USA and you will find that out on a personal basis.

...when you get hit by import duty, a charge for paying it by the
courier, and VAT added to the processing charge, and the whole shebang.

$100 of bits cost me £120 by the time that loot had been sorted.

China ships by post and lies about the value. Which is why I import from
china and not from the USA.

Don't even ask about exporting to the EU. BTDTGTTS.

Parcels that simply never arrive, parcels that arrive crushed beyond
recognition with wheel marks over them Not just the odd one, but in some
countries, pretty much ALL the time.

The so called free market is a a total joke.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.