Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Of course. Each country wants the very best deal it can get. For
itself.

So no trade will ever be done then.

That's why you need skilled negotiators.

Well done sherlock, we haven't any have we, only Germany have them.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Britain does in fact have plenty of them and that is who do most
of the negotiating involved in the WTO and quite a bit of what
the EU does too, just because they speak english and even you
should have noticed that most of the rest of the world does too.

Up to the other country to do that too. Which is why, as I keep on
saying, you don't do it with a handshake over a pint. It takes many
years.

and after I think 7 years this has failed I've heard it something
germnay didn't like.

The US trying its usual trick of bullying a settlement, more like.

yes they are so we now know that NOT all trade deals are a good thing.

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

The bigger a trade blck gets the more bullyiong goes on

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

and the further it gets from the original idea
of group trading for teh good of the group.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

The EU is in fact one of the biggest trade blocs around and there was
**** all bullying involved with setting up the trade bloc side of it.

Which is why the EU has become to large and unfit for
the purpose it was originaly set up for which was to make
sure that no single country could gain the upper hand.

That might make some sense to you, I suppose.

And to most inteligent people, but others
think that the bigger the block the better.

So why don't we set uop a whole world trade agreement
rather than EU have one USA, Russia, commonwealth etc...

That is what the WTO is about, stupid.

Be interesting to see just how we get on without it
if and when we leave. As the reasons for joining all
those years ago are still as valid today as then.

Apparently we joined the EEC NOT the EU and we joined
with 10 countries NOT 27. So the T&Cs have changed.

With the agreement of the participant countrys when it changed.

But at least we'll have 'taken back control'
as England sinks down the world pecking order.

If it does.

No if about it, its been doing that for centurys now.