Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 20:09:32 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble -
like between the US and EU. Canada and the east.

It was a pretty **** deal from what I;'ve heard from other sources,

Yes.

such as insiting we buy drugs from the USA even if we didn't need them.

That was never part of it.

I'm sur it was part of their idea of free trade.

Thre were plenty of oppersition to TTIP

Yes. But there was plenty of opposition to the EEC too.

That was in the early 70s and those oppositions were over come or ignored for the so called better good at the time.

Now it';s a new era what worked 50 years ok might not work today or in 50 years time.

But plenty leavers think we will have no trouble making
new agreements with everyone. Perhaps with Mars...

Yes we will.

Why do you think it is easier making agreements with 27
countries than just an agreement between two countries ?

Because the deal can be different with each country instead
of just the one deal with any one of the 27 countrys having
a veto on the deal.

That's why it's best to deal with just one country at a time.

Cabn yuo explain this POV as I just don't understand it.

No surprises there...

that you can't explain it, no suprise there.

Plealse explain why the TTIP deal is failing then.

It;s bad enough negotiating a price on anything
when a couple is involed let alone a grouop of 27.

The deal isnt on price.

So what is it on ?