Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Seagulls

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:17:18 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 01:09:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

We live a two minute walk from the sea and are plagued with the wretched things mess,
noise and general nuisance. Recently, a series of extremely loud, percussive noises mysteriously
occurred at random intervals over a few days. Nobody has laid claim to being the perpetrator
but....pretty much all the gulls have gone! Look up outdoor fireworks. Enjoy.

Possibly a gas gun bird scarer. Used around here by our farmer
neighbour. http://tinyurl.com/zcvpsj6

There are also the much cheaper bird scarer ropes which burn slowly
and let off a bang about the same as a shotgun report at intervals.
About £35 compared to an outlay of £300 + though of course single use
only.
The OP doesn't state if they live at an isolated dwelling or in a
terreced house so he/she can google Bird scarer rope and decide if
they fulfill the conditions for purchase from reputable suppliers or
obtain one from a supplier who doesn't care.

G.Harman

G.Harman