Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default That gap around the sockets

On 30/08/2016 07:57, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
On 30/08/2016 07:37, Tim Watts wrote:

Can you replace the backbox with a plasterboard backbox? These have a
decent lip all around.

They're all wired up and plastered in otherwise I could have pulled them
forwards a bit and squeezed some gripfill through the screw holes in the
back to fix them further forward but they're all crazy foamed in and
trying to move them will most likely do more damage to the surrounding
skim than trying to fill the gap I fear.

Cheers
Pete

fit a spare box in the hole, fill around it and remove the spare box.

If you don't have a spare, make one out of a cereal box and duct tape.