Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default What tool to use to cut stair nose?

On 2016-08-30 5:06 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 3:44:05 PM UTC-5, Keith wrote:
replying to mp, Keith wrote:
The best way I've found, is borrow or buy a sawzall with a course wood cutting
blade, look at the face of the overhang and make a cut toward the riser and
angle your cut left or right which ever way your starting untill you come to
the riser and follow it to the end or as close as you can get, then lower the
handle of your saw and use the tip of the blade to finish the cut. Then turn
around and do the same of the other half of the nose. Don't worry yourself if
your not completely flush with the riser, you can go back either with you
sawzall, circular saw or jigsaw and flush it up, by then you'll be able to see
exactly how much to take off to make things flush. I would start at the bottom
step so if there is a small mistake it won't be noticeable.
--

Unfortunately, 12 years ago, mp borrowed a saw and while he was using it to cut some wood, the saw got away from him and cut his head off. It was a terrible tragedy. He was survived by a wife, 4 ex-wives, 22 children and 847 gerbils. The gerbils missed him so much that they all committed suicide by jumping one by one into a meat grinder. It was a tragic mess. 8-(

But his nose rail looks fabulous. :-)

--
Froz....