Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default B&S Engine starts but won't run

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 19:54:03 -0700, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

THANK YOU everybody.
Took off carb one more time thinking that the bowl fastener probably
functions also as a gas inlet. (I've seen that before )
Wrong! But I found a tiny,tiny jet perpendicular to the gas flow that
was plugged. A sewing needle and a hammer unclogged it, and the machine
purrs rather nicely Thank you for pointing me to 'supply' problem.
Ivan Vegvary

It's good to see the group getting on topic every once in a while.

There's an amazing amount of internal combustion engine diagnosis that
you can do if you just remember that fire needs fuel, air, and heat to
burn, and that an internal combustion engine without fire is just an air
pump.

Air needs to get in, fuel needs to get in, the air & fuel need to be
heated up to ignition temperature, it has to be able to work on the
piston, and then it has to be expelled before the cycle repeats. If one
of those is missing, it ain't gonna work.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!