Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Reinforcing the back of a TV or monitor

Lee wrote:
On 30/08/2016 11:12, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I was thinking the opposite - a bracket which can absorb much of
the vibration would prevent it reaching and damaging the TV.

For vehicular use there are arguments on both sides, except where you
can free-float something...

I'm now imagining a mount consisting of a couple of bungie straps
stretched tighly between the mid-wall and the ceiling (out a bit from
the wall), with the TV attached to the centre of them.

Now clearly that would be the best solution of all, if not exactly
pretty to look at

Lee

Interesting that all vehicle mounted displays IME, are solid
mounted. My own experience with a soft flexible mounting is poor for a
rear view camera. I need to improve the rigidity.