Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT New watch?

On 8/30/2016 8:13 AM, Peter wrote:
On 8/29/2016 9:35 AM, KenK wrote:
My old Casio watch, on its second battery, was a half hour slow when
I woke up this morning. New battery or new watch? In the past, when
battery failed the watches stopped.

TIA

I've stopped buying watches that need batteries. My every-day watch,
travel watch and wife's travel watch are all Casio solar models. This
after two previous experiences when battery operated watches had the
battery die at incredibly inconvenient times. Both Casio and Timex make
inexpensive solar digital watches that don't cost more or much more than
the cost of a cheap conventional battery powered watch plus the likely
cost of 2-4 battery changes for the conventional watch. The oldest of
my solar watches is 12 years old and never needed any service or repair.

---

I've got an equally old solar atomic watch. Bit heavier than old Timex
I wear but nice to know it is always on and correct to the second.

Watches are cheap unless you are looking for jewelry. I'm tossing my old
Timex when battery dies.