Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default B&S Engine starts but won't run

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:53:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:39:57 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:07:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So, SeaFoam works to extend gas lifetime? Have you had trouble with
ethanol gas? I mean, what kinds of trouble have you had?

Greenies wherever there is any copper content - including brass jets.
Greenies plug jets. Hooch absorbs water too - when things cool off you
get phase separation - which leaves water in the bottom of the tank
and float bowl - which rusts out the tank or float bowl eventually -
and makes it hard to start the engine on the short term. Water doesn't
burn very well.. The hooch is hard on some fuel lines and gaskets too
- as well as diaphragms in "regulator" carbs.

I've run across more than one instance of every one of these - not on
MY equipment mind you - I stay clear of ethanol fuel for small engines
(and airplanes)

Its nearly impossible to find non-hooch gas here in California. None
close by, according to my research...close by being less than 100
miles. Is av gas hooched up too? There is a small airport here in
town...not sure if theywould want to sell 5 gallons though..into a gas
can.

When Oregon mandated oxygenated (ethanol) gas in 2004?, my gas mileage
went down 15%. If I have to burn 15% more gas when using 10% ethanol,
how can that -possibly- be better for the environment or the attempt
to stop importing foreign oil for fuel? Especially when ethanol has
been proven to consume more energy to create than it gives back?
I'd like to whup these idiots upside the haid, I would.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our