Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reinforcing the back of a TV or monitor

On 30/08/16 07:53, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought even with newer flat screens the main outlay on power
would be the light.
Some of the early decoder chips were rather power hungry, but then to drive
a screen those chips are as well.
I'm surprised if the back made of plastic is the only thing holding it up
though. ;having a poke at one here suggests to me that the mounting holes
are part of some kind of internal structure, just protruding through the
much thinner case parts. Obviously designs differ.

I think maybe you are being a bit optimistic to expect ordinary wall
mounting to support something subjected to such treatment but I'd have
thought the inside of the caravan or motor home might have been the
failure point not the mounting on the tv.
Brian

+1

I think the OP needs to have some padded clips that restrain and support
the TV by its outer frame whilst on the move.