Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default That gap around the sockets

Can you not just get some of those snazzy plastic flange things they put
around light switches etc?
You can even get glow in the dark ones.
Of course how one finds some for double sockets, I'm not sure.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Pet @
www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote
in message ...
I've never really found an acceptable solution to the annoying gap that
shows above, below or to one side of a socket/switch after plasterboard
wasn't cut just right to line up with the back boxes.

Unfortunately I have a significant number of sockets and switches with
1/4" gap that the face plates don't cover (builders error but probably
better than I could have done)

In the past I've tried everything from grip-fill to attempting to filler
the gap, filler being perhaps the least effective solution.

Anyone got any better ways that won't crack out?

Cheers - Pete

---