Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron D. Ron D. is offline

Default OT How does my car's AC work?

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:13:42 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 02:13:46 -0700 (PDT), "Ron D."
wrote:

When a 1968 Chrysler "Aftermarket" AC got too cold, you would get water on your feet on turns. They made units that would bolt under the dash in that ERA. This particular mounting bracket used the thermostat housing to mount the compressor.

My mother had a '65 Plymouth Fury II with an aftermarket AC. I think
it worked pretty well. Not all the vents of factory AC, I think, but
it wasn't so hot back then.

That too.

Sorry about the ice expansion thing: Yep the volume of ice is larger than the volume of water used to create the ice.