Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default B&S Engine starts but won't run

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:53:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:39:57 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:07:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So, SeaFoam works to extend gas lifetime? Have you had trouble with
ethanol gas? I mean, what kinds of trouble have you had?

Greenies wherever there is any copper content - including brass jets.
Greenies plug jets. Hooch absorbs water too - when things cool off you
get phase separation - which leaves water in the bottom of the tank
and float bowl - which rusts out the tank or float bowl eventually -
and makes it hard to start the engine on the short term. Water doesn't
burn very well.. The hooch is hard on some fuel lines and gaskets too
- as well as diaphragms in "regulator" carbs.

I've run across more than one instance of every one of these - not on
MY equipment mind you - I stay clear of ethanol fuel for small engines
(and airplanes)

Its nearly impossible to find non-hooch gas here in California. None
close by, according to my research...close by being less than 100
miles. Is av gas hooched up too? There is a small airport here in
town...not sure if theywould want to sell 5 gallons though..into a gas
can.

Gunner

---

AvGas is hooch free, but has several times more lead than the old
Sunoco 260. Marinas usually have hooch free mid grade.. Any airport
with mo-gas for STC will be hooch free.