Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default B&S Engine starts but won't run

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:07:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So, SeaFoam works to extend gas lifetime? Have you had trouble with
ethanol gas? I mean, what kinds of trouble have you had?

Greenies wherever there is any copper content - including brass jets.
Greenies plug jets. Hooch absorbs water too - when things cool off you
get phase separation - which leaves water in the bottom of the tank
and float bowl - which rusts out the tank or float bowl eventually -
and makes it hard to start the engine on the short term. Water doesn't
burn very well.. The hooch is hard on some fuel lines and gaskets too
- as well as diaphragms in "regulator" carbs.

I've run across more than one instance of every one of these - not on
MY equipment mind you - I stay clear of ethanol fuel for small engines
(and airplanes)