Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default LED lamp - why doesn't it get short-circuited?

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:43:55 +0630, John Smith wrote:

I just purchased an LED lamp. After opening it, I saw inside a circular
aluminum plate with LED lights on it. On one end of the power supply is
a 3-lead connector for L, N, and G wires. On the other end are two wires
going to the aluminum plate. Since aluminum is conductive and the wires
seem to go directly to the aluminum plate, why doesn't it get
short-circuited? Is there an invisible circuit on the aluminum plate?

I have no clue. How Its Made did an episode on LED tube lights. Said
the metal served as "heat sink".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DztJtSFa8