Sofie

Default How to Adjust the Tape Path Alignment on Newer VCRs

Leonard G. Caillouet:
Hopefully, for the customer's (and I have quite a few regulars who want to
do this) who still want their top of the line VCR repaired and are willing
to pay the price, particularly for the terrific machines from the early 90's
..... Sony, JVC, Mitz, etc....... that there are still shops with
experienced techs that they can go to that do the repair and alignment
correctly with all the proper procedures and not with "seat of the pants"
methods that may produce inferior performance, tape damage and poor
interchange. For the home do-it-yourselfer, I suppose it is fine, after
all it is their machine and hopefully it's their tapes...... but for a real
shop that has a reputation to hold up.... they better do it right....... and
no, Leonard, it DOES NOT cost "thousands of dollars" for the right equipment
to do it right. I do understand that for the cheapie $39 VCRs.... almost
any repair doesn't make sense..... I have seen customers throw them out
just because the heads became clogged after playing a dirty and damaged
tape..... just to end up putting that same tape into their new replacement
VCR and have it happen all over again. They won't even pay for a $20
cleaning at a shop...... not much need for that "customer."
Would you take your modern car to a mechanic who does not have the proper,
mandatory and necessary computer interfaced diagnostic equipment to make
software adjustments for the fuel injection, engine timing, etc?
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Leonard G. Caillouet" wrote in message

Come now Dan, you know that the
equipment to do it right costs thousands.
If the guy can eyeball it and get
acceptable results, why not tinker

Like I said Dan, you are correct, just unrealistic in your suggestion. It
is a fact of the market.

Leonard