Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_6_] TomR[_6_] is offline

Default Clothes washer leaks water on floor

"Tony944" wrote in message

"TomR" wrote in message ...

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message
On 8/24/2016 4:50 PM, TomR wrote:
"TomR" wrote in message
"TomR" wrote in message
"TomR" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote in message
web.com...
On 8/20/2016 3:47 PM, TomR wrote:
I noticed that it fills up pretty high,
but instead of then draining out and water being pumped out before
it starts
spinning, it starts spinning right away.

Either a bad timer or water level pressure switch.

Thanks. If it's a bad timer, the part costs about $200, so I would
probably just buy a new washer.

But, if it's a bad water level pressure switch, the parts costs
about $32. And this video shows how to replace it -- not too
difficult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt49b_bNPD0
P.S. Interesting. I found another video that makes replacing the
water level pressure switch look even easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3WfRff41E

Plus a video on how to test the water level pressure switch (which I
probably won't do since I don't have the tester anyway):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MxNYWsVSw

Since the water level pressure switch only costs about $32, and today
I confirmed that it is an easy switch-out, I am probably going to just
try replacing that part and see what happens. I'll check at the
appliance parts place near me to see if they have it in stock or need
to order it. And, I'll post back here what happens.

Well, I went ahead and I bought the water level pressure switch. It
ended up costing $47 with the sales tax at my local appliance parts
store. I took a chance, bought it, and put it in -- very easy to do.

The bad news is that it didn't fix the problem. The washer still leaks
badly when set on large loads. So, I ended up wasting $47 and some
time. The appliance parts store does not accept returns of parts if they
don't fix the problem. I don't blame them for having that policy.

Now I am going to just buy a new washer.

Might it be the air gap antisiphon thing just past the water solenoid?

Thanks but don't think so. The water comes out from under the machine
when
the tub is full and it starts to spin. It is not coming out from the
drain
hose. But, even if your possible guess were correct, I wouldn't know how
fix it myself. It would be out of my skill level without me doing a ton of
research and spending a lot of time taking the machine apart to try to
figure it out. At this point, I think I should just buy a new washer.

It is not suppose to have any water in tub when machine start to spin
It looks like that sequencer is not doing what it suppose to do.

Thanks. I am not sure what the "sequencer" is -- maybe the timer? If so,
the timer would have cost $195 for just the part, so I didn't try that.

I did buy a new washer and the old one is gone. I put a sign on it
explaining what the symptoms were in case whoever got it wanted to try to
fix it. But the people who took it away said it would probably be used for
scrap metal.