Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default Rasp for turning

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 8:53:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Never being one to avoid asking what's on my mind...

Would a surform rasp or similar have any use on the lathe? I was wondering
if it would be handy for those "chippy" or wrong-way grain turning projects
that really don't want a whole lot of material to be removed at once.

Puckdropper

You know, it might be interesting to watch a Youtube video of someone using a sureform rasp on a lathe. That is about as close as I would want to come to actually doing it. You are going to have catches and tearout galore.