Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default measuring devis

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 12:16:45 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
fred wrote:
I want to measure the width of a groove which is only about 3.5mm wide
and 1-3 mm deep. Ordinary Mitutoyo calipers with pointed tips are not
much good for this application due to the shallow nature of the groove.

Any suggestions ?

A set of 'number' drill bits it useful for this sort of thing. Depending
on just how accurate you need the measurement to be.

--
*Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP .

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Yes that sound possible If I can get a cheap set of metric ones I\ll give it a try