Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Dawes Alan Dawes is offline

Default measuring devis

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
fred wrote:
I want to measure the width of a groove which is only about 3.5mm wide
and 1-3 mm deep. Ordinary Mitutoyo calipers with pointed tips are not
much good for this application due to the shallow nature of the groove.

Any suggestions ?

A set of 'number' drill bits it useful for this sort of thing. Depending
on just how accurate you need the measurement to be.

SNAP! I have a box of numbered drills bought very cheaply many years ago
off a market stall kept just for this. You need to be careful when
measuring if the larger sizes have a number stamped into them near the end
of the shank as the edges are raised slightly.

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6