Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

On 27-Aug-16 9:40 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 09:30:12 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 26-Aug-16 8:20 PM, Tim+ wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
On 26-Aug-16 1:45 PM, Tim+ wrote:
Davey wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:12:30 +0100

Be wary that some companies might not have 'visible' CLI numbers.
Our local health centre comes up as private, and I read that some
Councils also do that.

Well IMO they can just **** right off then. I mean, would you open
your door to a masked man?

One of my most important customers blocks its numbers. It wants people
to call through the switchboard, not direct to individuals' lines.

Then they could present a switchboard number. The technology exists.
Our local hospital does it.

However, they don't choose to do that and I can't force them to, so I
have to accept private number calls for them to get through.

I put them into a menu with a 'get through' option. Works fine.

How do you put a withheld number into a whitelist?

Colin Bignell