Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

alan_m wrote :

Sure, but it isnt feasible to expect everyone to have that sort of thing
setup for warnings about urgent maintenance to the power or water
supply etc.

As there is no such facility for power or water in the UK for the majority of
consumers there is little point in discussing problems that don't exist.

If you voluntarily put your self on the 'at risk' list with a utility,
they will ring you with a recorded message when there is likely to be
an issue. We have had two such calls from the power company and a knock
at the door once.

My late partner suffered from COPD and used a mains powered oxygen
generator, which was why we were registered. A warning phone call meant
we could put in a call for emergency bottled oxygen if necessary.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)