Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

formulated the question :
On Friday, 26 August 2016 11:12:36 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My new concern is that we sometimes get automated calls from the
electric, gas, flood and water utilities, when they have an issue and
we obviously want these calls to get through

If you've no electricity because of a power cut or a flood, most call
filtering devices (and cordless phones) won't work anyway, and won't pass the
call through to you.

Owain

I disagree - we have previously had calls from the water and power
suppliers warning that they are about to begin work on the network
which might/will affect us. Obviously without a crystal ball, they can
only warn us when it is a sudden planned outage, but that is better
than no warning or guessing how long we will be off for.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)