Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:45:39 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

Davey wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:12:30 +0100

Be wary that some companies might not have 'visible' CLI numbers. Our
local health centre comes up as private, and I read that some Councils
also do that.

Well IMO they can just **** right off then. I mean, would you open your
door to a masked man?

Depends on what you class as masked, the beekeeper who turned up to
remove some bees arrived dressed in his kit as he only had to walk
from a few hundred yards away but then I was expecting him,
just as some people will be expecting a phone call from a Council or
health centre . Telling them to **** off is your right as long you
don't later whinge that you haven't been given an appointment or no
body from the council has arranged to see you about some issue that
you may have brought to their attention.
You arn't really important enough to be treated any different to
anyone else and they will just move on an give the appointment or
arrange to see someone else who is easier to contact.

G.Harman