Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 26/08/2016 23:43, KYW wrote:

The other obvious one is the power or water being out for hours
because of work being done. It would be handy to know when and
how long it will be out for so you can either be elsewhere if you
need the power or water or not start something like a roast or
baking a fruit cake or bread that will be ruined if the power goes
out half way through the process.

Back in the real world, how many times have a utility company phoned YOU
to say that a service is going off? In 40 years they have phoned me
zero times. The utility companies don't phone you when the service is
about it go off.

[Snip]
but when I've phoned to query a loss of supply, I have been rung back with
an estimated time of restoration.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England