Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default Handheld CNC

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:47:26 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

On 8/26/2016 1:50 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 8/26/2016 11:52 AM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone see this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0clzXWSaCw

So at first I thought: it just *shows* you where to cut, but it's
essentially freehand??? But I watched a second video and now I see that
the router mount compensates to keep the router on the proper line.

So here's my next question: Obviously there's a limit to how quickly the
router control mount can react; presumably designed to be faster than
human hands are likely to jerk the tool off-course. But What about
vibration? And, assuming you might want to use something other than
plywood, tougher materials with inconsistencies? Does a 1/4" bit really
go through 3/4 material smoothly enough?

I ask this not to make an argument, but as a real question from someone
whose experience is limited.

Would be nice to find a demo or workshop with someone using it. More
questions can be answered.

Sure, but they're only taking pre-orders for delivery a year from now.
I didn't read the whole page but it looked a lot like a crowd-funding
proposal (complete with increasing prices as it went on).