Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

"alan_m" wrote in message

I've been thinking about this or similar.

Is there a version which fits the incoming line so does all extensions in
the house?

Most of the better versions are DECT cordless. One base station/answer
machine and up to a total of 5 cordless handsets connected to the base
station.

Not sure I like the idea of a £20 service charge after the first year.

I don't pay any subscription/service charges. I need caller display
enabled which with BT can be free.

The BT8600 phones have the technology in-built and the phones can be used
on 'other' phone networks.
http://tinyurl.com/z3x9nk2

Manual can be downloaded from
http://tinyurl.com/zd7984g

(Is anyone else finding tinyurl very slow to respond these days?)

I haven't seen that and it worked fine with those two.