Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

"Chris French" wrote in message
Tim+ Wrote in message:
Davey wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:12:30 +0100

Be wary that some companies might not have 'visible' CLI numbers. Our
local health centre comes up as private, and I read that some Councils
also do that.

Well IMO they can just **** right off then.

Depends on how important it is to you that they contact you.

And the convenience too. I have had a number of blocked calls
from people I have been glad I got the call from. One from the
cops telling me about stuff that may well have come from my
place when some stupid kids quite literally wandered the streets
with a ****ing wheel barrow late at night, helping themselves
to stuff out of parked cars. I happened to have been out to a
****up the evening before, got some grog at the drive thru
bottle shop with them putting the grog on the passengers
side front seat and then I forgot to lock that door manually
afterwards, back in the days before central locking.

I've also had a mate of mine call from Egypt after they
had had their phones and wallets stolen and they needed
to get the numbers to call to have their cards cancelled etc.

I also had another of my mates use Skypeout for all of his calls
and that was very unreliable about presenting any caller id.

We wouldn't use it as my wife's workplace (local hospital)
need to be able to contact her when she is on call. And anyway
we don't get that many junk calls. (1 per day on average)

I mean, would you open your door to a masked man?

No, but that's not the same situation.

Yeah, it's a completely silly analogy. The only downside
with answering a call which has the number blocked is
that it may waste a little of your time.