Axel VK

Default Macrovision hack?

"Justin" wrote in message
Mike Kohary wrote on [Sun, 7 Mar 2004 18:00:27 -0800]:
"Justin" wrote in message
Mike Kohary wrote on [Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:29:56 -0800]:
"Justin" wrote in message

He doesn't need to. It is illegal to copy a DVD in the US, for any
reason whatsoever.

Not true.

If it's illegal to defeat the copy protection then it's illegal to

copy.
Right?

Nope. It's only illegal to circumvent the copy protection, not to make

the
copy. The law *does* make that specific distinction - it's a fact not

up
for debate, so don't try. I know that it doesn't make any sense in the

real
world, but that's how the law currently reads. Screwed up, isn't it?

Yes, it is a screwy situation. It just adds to the existing laws that
are out there to screw you up. It's illegal to use a Radar Detector for
example, but you can own one.

Nope. Not where I live. They are perfectly legal here.