Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Before I break this connector...

"David Farber" wrote in message
Chuck wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:56:47 -0700, "David Farber"
wrote:

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove
this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to
unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display
connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that I posted about yesterday. I
would like to remove it before turning the board upside down to get
to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged on
the back.

---

That worked!

There's also the "wedge" type that jams the cable in - they just slide out
slightly instead of flipping up.